Tuesday, March 18, 2008

IN THE LINE OF FIRE

My last blog post was Friday night, after the fire. What do you suppose happened Saturday night?

No, I wasn't visited by the ghosts of Christmas past present and future.

No, I wasn't abducted by prostate obsessed aliens.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're really trying. Look at the title for crying out loud!

ANOTHER BLOODY FIRE - THAT'S WHAT!!!!

Let me tell you about it ...

'Twas the night before Sunday, when all through the town
The arsonists were lurking, and burning stuff down

The lights out the front of the house were left on
In hopes that they'd feel too exposed and move on

Connick was nestled all snug in his bed
While Jesamine slept over at Rachel's instead

While Suzy used Photoshop and I modelled in 3D
With our laptops in the loungeroom, in front of the TV

Then out front of the house we heard a large truck
With a siren and lights, and we said "What the fuck?"

We ran out the front door, down the driveway we flew
Well we walked, but I'd like to be able to fly - wouldn't you?

Two trucks had arrived full of CFA folk
Who put out the fire amidst all the smoke

We stood and we watched and we wondered why would
People like to set fire to our grass and our wood

Two fires in two nights - it doesn't sound right
As you'd imagine it might it gave us a fright

So the next night after checking around
I got into bed hoping to sleep sound

But then around 1 o'clock after midnight
I heard a car where the fire had been Friday night

I sprang from the bed and raced out in my jocks
And hid behind bushes and stood upon rocks

Two likely lads were pulled up just outside
And I tried to observe them from within my hide

The were fossicking around in the car for something
I couldn't see what so I left them to ring ...

000 on the phone and ask for "Police"
"There's something afoot, can you send a car please"

I grabbed me some clothes and an axe just in case
How long would they stay, would this be a race?

Suzy and I then jumped in the car
And started to drive and find out who they are

As we pulled out of the drive, up the street
Came the cops with a spot casting light like a sheet

They arrived just in time, for the likely lads raced
Into their car and prepared to make haste

But the cops got them out, and took them away
To the station to see what they had to say

So still we don't know, were they fire bugs
Or just two losers taking some drugs?

If that was not them, I'll stay on the hunt
And I won't rest until I catch the ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bubs, I love you! How embarrassed will you be if this comment actually works and makes it onto your blog???

Lee said...

Pretty bloody embarassed I'd be game to say
Seeing 'Bubs' in print, never again, I pray...

At least Suzy didn't say cute
I reckon that's just beaut

By the way, how are those wisdom teeth?
Surely by now Suzy can eat some meat?


Another great read Link....

Angela said...

Grrr.. buggers! They just make me so angry.. I think that they need photoshop so they have something better to do with their time!
Great read though, so if anything positive has come out of the situation it's a great poet :)