Sunday, September 13, 2009

RED QUEEN - H.M. BROWN

I somehow managed to forget in my previous posts to provide an update on the publishing phenomenon that is H.M. Brown.

I attended the book launch at a quaint bookshop in Warragul a week or so ago. A "quaint" bookshop - for those lacking specific industry knowledge - is like any other bookshop, only smaller.

Anyway, I've never been to a book launch before, so I felt terribly important to be invited.

Yesterday I went to a signing at the Collins bookstore in Traralgon. If I was a real friend and supporter, I would have provided some forewarning to drum up a little business. I thought about that afterwards.

Anyway, it's starting to pop up in newspapers and magazines. I think the verdict in yesterday's Herald Sun was "chilling" - so perhaps there's a learning in that for the publicist to send out review copies in warmer weather!



No comments: