Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Welcome to my blog

Shit!!!

Another nail in the casket that has for so long threatened to inter my barely adequate facade of balanced normality and lay me bare as just another wanker with a blog.

I take temporary refuge in the knowledge that my track record with persistence is less than exemplary. In all probability my blogging efforts will peter out over the coming months (weeks? hours?), and I can get back to my other great hobby - infiltrating the fringes of the human race.

What can you expect in the interim?

I'm glad you asked.

I might post the odd picture, the odd rant, the odd poorly conceived theory on matters of universal importance. I could even post the odd piece of music, though I'm looking at the toolbar and can't see an icon for this ... we'll have to see about that one.

For those of you who take the time to visit, at least you'll have something to tell the grandchildren:
I remember the summer of 2008, when one of the great thinkers of our generation cast his light so brightly into a darkened world. Those were good times. It was an era of brilliant clarity, but alas, this enlightment was cut short in its prime, as the dunces amassed in confederacy to ensure a return to more sober philosophical standings. Oh yes - good times indeed.

1 comment:

Lee said...

You know it pains me to compliment you in any way, but that was a great read... dare I even tell you that...it could mean the end of your blogging, it's all down hill from here... or is it?....But admit it I must, yes, I laughed... there I said it.....

I have copied and pasted the special bit for my grandchildren... I just know I will need to use (Borat Style NOT!). OK maybe I will, but probably only to emphasise the point to your Great Nieces and Nephews... 'your great Uncle Link was, indeed, eccentric...did I ever tell you the story about the Ettamogah (sp?) Chook Shed...well...'.

Ah Lincoln, you are now officially no longer on the fringes of the human race you have officially infiltrated, and though you may not be human, the human traits you are developing make you what you dread most... an average jo (9 points in scrabble by the way, small fry compared to 'roarings')....

I look forward to the next entry... and may even add you to my blog roll so people can ask me in hushed voices "Who is Lincoln Eddy?"....

Oh and if you don't do another entry the world will assume you only have one witty entry in you and there is nothing worse than being a one hit wonder... remember "Shaboogie"?