Thursday, January 31, 2008

No Film For Old Men

Having been staying in Melbourne since Monday night for work, coming home tonight I dropped into Fountain Gate for tea, and decided to check out the movies whilst there. By a most improbable circumstance, No Country For Old Men was starting in 8 minutes. This was quite the boon for me because:
(a) I wanted to see it;
(b) 8 minutes is not a long time to wait; and
(c) I'd been told it wouldn't be coming to the local cinema.

So, I bought me a ticket and proceeded to cinema 4. And quite a delightful cinema it was too - large comfortable seats - huge screen - plenty of legroom - steep - a notable absence of rowdy teenagers.

Having sat through the mandatory softdrink and alcohol advertisements, we got to the good bit - previews of films which have not yet been classified by the Office of Film and Literature Classification. In this case - Rambo. And then ....

Nothing.

The entire shopping centre lost power, and with the price of petrol these days, I guess generators are just not a viable option. So, after taking advantage of the comfortable seating for a short nap - or "kip" if you will - I collected quite a fetching pair of matching complimentary tickets (not quite Wonka golden tickets, but still there was two of them so that's not to be sneezed at, lest they catch a cold) and continued on my merry way home.

And lived happily ever after.

The End.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBSP about missing the movie but now you can take someone with you - or could you go to two different movies? Anything by the Coen Brothers, IMHO, is well worth seeing... my favourite I think was O Brother, Where Art Thou - love the whacky humour. I think we will go and see this latest one soon too. See there is a new one coming with George Clooney and Brad Pitt - Burn after Reading.

I also see from your previous posts that you are a REAL artist.... go get that Wacom boy!

Sherryll said...

hey there, you're getting quite popular aren't you !
I'm another one of Lee's fans.
bugger on the power blackout, but it doesn't get better than 2 freebies now !
I think you should take your lovely wife (( know her) to see 27 dresses !!!
did you draw all those carictures ?? they are absolutely awesome.
cheers,
sherryll

Lee said...

Did you want me to translate BBSP... it's a MAC thing and it means Bugger Bum Shit Poo..... I assume you know what a Waco is....OK maybe your thinking of something else? LOL

Clarification: They didn't tell me it won't be coming, but they did say it was on the list but that didn't mean it would come... I am thinking with the Oscar Nomination it will come now though, although those Skanky Village people can't be trusted IMHO.

I am absolutely and utterly shocked that you, of all people, would fall asleep.... anywhere....

Anonymous said...

I knew you would translate Lee, publicly or privately... there was no danger but I hoped in the meantime it would be the cause of wonderment.

Anonymous said...

blog you