Friday, February 1, 2008

Juno what? I saw a movie today.

Bugger - Lee has beaten me to blogger with today's news. Obviously nervous at the prospect of losing her fanbase.

With my two courtesy tickets in hand, I crashed Suzy and Lee's Friday movie and subsequent lunch. The film was Juno, and it was really good. It had something of the feel of a feature length Gilmour Girls, except that I wouldn't care too much for a feature length Gilmour Girls - so perhaps not so much. Dialogue was excellent, characters were excellent, soundtrack was quirky and eminently suitable to the type of film. I give it numerous stars - Margaret?

Suzy and I also sat down tonight to finish watching the first series of Love My Way, which we started watching a week or so ago on DVD. Suzy watched a few episodes while I was staying in Melbourne this week, but came unstuck at episode eight and had too turn it off. After catching up on the episodes I'd missed, we got to episode 8, and it's just too bloody much for me too. There's drama and there's drama - and then there's episode 8 of Love My Way. In one episode the series has moved from something akin to Secret Life of Us to something which ... well ... I haven't typed Spoiler Alert in the heading so you'll have to watch yourself - if you can!

Nighty night.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Funny Title....

Well I am intrigued about this show and can't wait to have a look... Suzy thinks I won't get through it but I can't possibly imagine why... I am a little nervous about seeing this show but feel I am up for the challenge... we'll see.

My entry was better. It had pictures.

;-*

Sherryll said...

I saw Juno last week and absolutely loved it, better luck next time on being the 1st blogger after the movies...
And please, if you're going to become a blogger, we like pictures on each entry....good pictures...