Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3 POSTS fOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!! GET YOURS HERE!!!

Wednesday night has become blogging night - by chance not design. This week I'll suppress that part of my personality that causes me alphabetise CDs and give every blog topic a new post.


Number 1 - A MOVING PICTURE SHOW


Last Friday I gatecrashed Suzy and Lee's (semi) regular weekly movie date (again). The film - Dan In Real Life.


Did I like it? Yes I did. I' not a particularly huge fan of Steve Carell, though I did like him in Little Miss Sunshine, and now also in this. Steve Carell falls into my Will Ferrell category, another actor I don't have a great deal of time for, but really enjoyed in Stranger Than Fiction. It's important to have categories - don't you think?

Sure, it's predictable and lightweight - but it was Friday afternoon so it's hard not to enjoy a movie.


Number 2 - SIX-POINT-SIX, THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

The beast in this case being Connick (or should I say "Konnick"). I picked the kids up after work tonight and retraced his steps from last weeks shenanigans.

6.6
kms

Not bad for a lazy sod!



Number 3 - FOB UNITED BREAK THE DROUGHT

After 15 consecutive losses, and in the last game of the season - we recorded a win.

YAY!!!

Actually, when I say in the last game, what I mean is, in relation to the last game. Because, you see, there was no game. I received a phone call from the southern hemishphere's largest skating rink to tell me that the opposition were, quite frankly, afraid to play us. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what I was told. Almost certainly that may well have been a possible reason.

Whatever - we get the points.

1 comment:

Sherryll said...

absolutely, you must have categories, I"m not sure which one I'll put you in yet, it would be unfair of me to lay judgement purely based on your writing skills.

6.6kms is a long way for a little boy in the rain !

well done on getting the points, I wonder if you heard correct that they were afraid of your team. anyway, take them I say !