Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Make that 14 Losses

FOB United - the rockin'est indoor soccer team to ever take to the southern hemisphere's largest skating rink (come on now, it's not the eighties anymore, where's the competition really?) went down again tonight - this time by 11-3 - with no goals to the valiant cap'n.

Still, it was against the top team, which means we lost last week by a greater margin to a lesser team - and therefore we were obviously a better team tonight - just not the better team.

I don't think there's been a season yet (and we've played a dozen or so) that we haven't somehow made the finals. I'll be interested to see how the stadium management work it to ensure we qualify this season.

Personally, I'm laying the blame entirely on JB for the loss. Not because he deserves it - just to reinforce my reputation as a bit of a prick. I think I'll lay secondary blame (and with the blame already laid entirely there's not much left) on my shoes - which are falling apart. Note to self - must buy new shoes. A bad workman always blames his tools - so I blame us for playing like tools!

Goodnight cruel world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get stuffed nude nut

Sherryll said...

I take it that anonymous is 'JB', LOL...

Give it up or get new shoes...

Lee said...

LOL Couldn't have said it better myself....