Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Connick's 8th Birthday

Connick Lewis turned 8 today, and we gave him 72 Derwent Artist pencils in a lovely wooden box. Lucky boy - my Derwents are only in a battered old tin that I've had for about 20 years (by which I mean the tin is dented, not that it's been rolled it in flour and egg for frying). Even my new Prismacolors are in a lesser quality case than Connick's new Derwents! Precision dovetailing, brass fittings, flawless finish - I've got case-envy.

The strange thing is - Connick asked for these in preference to a Nintendo DS. As far as I'm concerned no 8 year old has any right turning back a computer game for pencils.

We had the family over for a BBQ and a swim. The kids' party is on Saturday - but I won't say where in case Corey from Narre Warren has a younger brother on the prowl.

Anyway, since Lee accused me of substandard blogging by virtue of not having sufficient pictographic accompaniment, I thought I'd attach some of my favourite Connick pictures to celebrate his birthday.

Hoorah!



















3 comments:

Sherryll said...

happy birthday Connick !
what a nice boy asking for pencils over a DS ! good for you !

these pics are really gorgeous Lincoln, are you the artist or Suzy??, LOL...

Anonymous said...

I agree Shez... what an interesting choice and in my opinion what he chose is far superior! WTG Connick. They are great pics and he is a son to be proud of. Show us some of his drawings with his new pencils next - that would be nice.

Lee said...

Ahhhh finally some real blog fodder (LOL), love the calendar you did for Suzy, he is so very very cute (there's that word)....


Another envy... you got issues baby!

That would make me a proud parent too.... go Connick and besides all that he can always borrow his sisters! He's a smart cookie that one!

Off to give Corey your address....