Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WHAT AM I READING NOW? WELL, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!

What? Four posts in one night? I know - this man in a blogging machine. Yeah - I guess it would be good if he got a life. And he sure does write a lot of bollocks.

By the way Shez, as you've unwittingly become my most consistent commenter, I'll be mightily disappointed if I don't see four individual replies against these posts. Is my mighty disappointment something you really want on your conscience? I thought not.

So, I haven't finished either of the other books I have on the go - but I did start a new one last night. I can't provide a web link, because it's an unpublished manuscript - but it will be published. Oh yes. It will be published.

The author is a friend of mine, known only as H.M. Brown. Actually, that's not all she's known as, but that's what she writes on her manuscripts, so let's run with that. I've known the mysterious H.M. Brown for most of my life. She's the sort of family friend that I recall being genuinely suprised at some point in my childhood to find out that she's not a cousin or some other relation.

Anyway, she's the cleverest person I know - because she starts writing stuff ... and then she finishes it!!!!!!! I have always been aware that this sort of thing occurs, and I've certainly enjoyed the product of it on an atonishingly regular basis - but I have no idea how it happens, and I've never witnessed it from such close range. I myself have made numerous starts on writing projects over the years - but they never get far (and probably a bloody good thing to). (Honestly, can't I finish anything)

I've read 2 of her other unpublished books, and a couple of screenplays, but this particular book - Entitlement - is the dirtiest, filthiest, sexiest thing I've ever read. And that includes things beginning with "I always thought the letters to your magazine were made up. But the other night I was working back late in the office ..."

I've only read 8 pages, but it's aleady steamy as all get out (whatever that means). I can only read small sections at a time, because, quite frankly, I find it all just too arousing.

Anyway, as I said, this one will be published, so no doubt I'll be trying to convince everyone I know to buy a copy. In fact, you'll probably be able to buy a copy through me, for not much more than 15% more than anyone else might be selling them for.

Okay, at four posts, I think I'd best get me to bed. Thanks for your patience. No, really - thankyou.

3 comments:

Lee said...

You being aroused is not a mental picture I am willing to tolerate... I don't think even 'Soozy' is ready yet either, she is constantly telling me how her mouth is still sore after the wisdom teeth episode... she isn't that convincing though.

I'll be buying my copy of H M Brown's book from 'all good book sellers', mainly because the books they stock at 'all bad book sellers' are crap.

Shez, if I get to this first you need to demand pay back girl, and don't be guilted into blog comments, it will never completely satisfy you in the end, you will just feel cheap and used.... ;-P

Angela said...

Gee I wish that I had your blogging enthusiasm! I suppose it would help if a actually had some stuff to talk about.. no composting here, and dh was so "gung-ho" about it too, and definitely no drawing.. although I am doing a smudge painting, which I'm sure will just end up in the bin..

Glad to hear that the missing child turned up, did he have sore feet btw? That is a long walk, especially for a lazy child, although I'm convinced that they just pretend to be lazy most of the time.

Oh and sorry, I'm not posting 4 separate comments.. I'm lazy.. and not pretending.

Sherryll said...

OMFG, I will not be made to feel 'cheap and used'...
but how exciting I got a mention in this weirdo's blog...

as for knowing what 'arouses' you, I wish you'd kept that to yourself...I mean to say, did your blog commenters really need to know that you get off reading books???


just a tip, if you're looking for more fans, I suggest you keep some things to yourself in the future.

P.S. Get me a copy of book ASAP