Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WHAT AM I DRAWING?


Yep, another new section to the blog. Maybe I should add one called "What am I actually getting around to finishing". Now that should make for a quick read.


So, I've already said that, prior to being gung-ho about blogging (and after being gung-ho about composting, which I haven't mentioned before, and which I'm actually still pretty obsessive with), I was gung-ho on trying to draw caricatures. I even posted some. And Lee accused me of showing off. And then Lee suggested I include more pictures with my blog entries. Fuck. It's no wonder I'm so riddled with "issues".


Hang on a minute. I don't like the term "gung-ho" - and yet I've used it 3 times in this post (well, actually 4 now), and twice in a previous post.


Anyway, between the caricature stage and the start of the blogging stage, I embarked on a bit of a coloured pencil portraits stage.


I did two, one of Jesamine, and one of Suzy with Connick, which I thought were okay (though I was about to post them here, and when I looked at them I decided they're a bit crap). Then I bought a really big bit of paper, which necessitated me making a really big drawing board, and started a new picture. Sort of a collage - of Jesamine and Connick in fancy dress. Jesamine was dressed as Hermione (from Harry Potter), and Connick was a Jack Sparrow inspired pirate. I created the design firstly as a Photoshop layout, and now I'm working from that. So far I'm happy with it - though with the amount of time I'm spending writing phrases like "gung-ho" willy nilly about the internet (damn, I've done it again), I'm not really spending enough time on it.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Don't bother starting that new section, white space is so not cool, right up there with repeatedly saying 'Gung-Ho'.

You forgot about being gung-ho about home brewing... you have as many 'gung-ho's' as you do 'envies'.

Your isheeeeews jhave nothing to do with me buddy... and of course I am just jealous, would love to be able to draw... like I would love to be able to sing.... but this is about your isheeeeews not mine...

They are not crap, you should post them, but better scanning/photographing of said artwork would be beneficial....

Sherryll said...

oh my, you are a very talented artist too, I'm not sure why Lee said you were a 'showoff'...
your work is really awesome.