Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2 FILMS FOR EVERY BOY

Suzy and I drove to Melbourne for an appointment yesterday (and I screamed at her, and she screamed at me, and Connick called on the mobile to ask for a Vegemite sandwich) so on the way home we stopped at Fountain Gate to see movie. And that movie was - Cloverfield. I read a review which described it as Godzilla meets the Blair Witch project. I can't do better than that, because that's exactly what it is. But, that's not to suggest that it's entirely derivative and worthless - at least not anymore-so than any other movie. I thought it was a great action pic, and I blame my headache on pre-existing conditions, not on the fact that the shooting is entirely hand-held (thus the Blair Witch comparison).

Anyway, we stopped again on the way home - this time in Morwell - for another movie. And that movie goes by the title "American Gangster". Again, a very good film. Am I just easy to please, or do I mostly see good movies?
This is more of a stock-standard gangster film. I'd call it well made, well acted, and generally robust. Not breaking any new ground, but a good movie nonetheless.

I'd certainly give both these movies some stars. Let's see now, I think 4 stars for Cloverfield and 3.1459 for American Gangster. That would be out of a possible 5 in case you're wondering.

1 comment:

Sherryll said...

both movies sounds awesome, but sadly neither are my type, I'm more the chick flick predictable crap type...LOL

I see your comments are heating up...your fan base is really growing !

And I was wondering what you 'rate' out of, thought it might of been out of 10 !