Tuesday, April 22, 2008

BOOK UPDATE

I just updated the blog and forgot to update the reading list. I finished The Shadow of the Wind - which was excellent. Thanks to Lee for the loan. It's a book that ticks pretty much all the boxes - good writing, interesting plot, well-paced. I recommend it.

I've now started on another loaner - Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch. This is a bit of a self-help book for sex and relationships.

I'm still progressively loading my books into ibookdb - I'm up to about 400 now, but I don't think I'm even half-way there yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I top 1,000 books! And there's a book sale in Morwell in a couple of weeks - how am I going to keep away?

It's surprising how many duplicates I keep finding. I've got so many unread books now that I'm really losing track and keep re-buying books that I already own.

I actually picked up another bag full of books today from dad - who, somewhat more sensibly than myself - is now scaling back his bibliophilic operation.

(Did I really forget to include this in the last post - or am I just trying to keep the numbers up to cast the illusion of a dedicated blogger).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the truth is obvious to everyone (or at least the 5 people that frequent your blog), you are trying to get your counter up, hence the doubl, sometimes triple entries....

Glad you enjoyed the book, good to see your taste is as good as mine is, I may even re-read it myself...

I would actually be more surprised if you didn't top 2000 books, you really do have an amazing amount of books...

Remind me to tell you about the book I am reading next time I see you, it is very funny and the writing style is reminiscent of some one I know, that may or may not have good taste....oh wait on, don't remind me...I'll blog about it...