Thursday, April 10, 2008

TWO BIRDS - ONE STONE. YOU DO THE MATH!

Today I had what can only be described as a flash of such pure genius that I can already hear the poo-poo-ing of the confederacy.

What are the two biggest problems facing Australia today?

Okay, now think of two other problems. Here's what they are:
- an ageing population, threatening a drain on our social security;
- a huge number of houses containing asbestos.

As people renovate/demolish/inhale their houses, without proper precautions they are risking asbestosis and that other one that's even harder to spell and pronounce. And the aforementioned "proper precautions" are quite frankly a tad pricey for the more thrifty amongst us.

Now, I may not be Doctor Lung, but my scantest knowledge of asbestos related diseases suggests that they take some time to develop. Were I not so confident of my own abilities I'd confirm this on Wiki, but I'm an ideas man - leave the details to those best suited.

So, we've got unemployed old people sitting around sponging off our taxes - and so old in fact, that they'd never have time to really develop a good terminal case of asbestosis (or the other one), before they die of some other "natural" cause. I think you can already see where this is heading ...

Old people earning their pensions by working in asbestos removal.

Two birds - one stone. You do the math.

No money spent on protective clothing, annoying filtration masks, washing, etc

I think it's a definite goer. Who's with me?

12 comments:

Lee said...

You are one sick puppy.... while you're at it, why don't we feed people with terminal illnesses to lions at the zoo.... their gunna die anyway....!

Ideas man? Hmmmmmmmm

Link said...

Lee, I really don't think you're taking this seriously.
The point is, asbestos wouldn't kill them, they'll die of other causes in the meantime - but lions would. I'm told they can give a pretty nasty nip.

Lee said...

I am surprised at your true lack of vision here Link, I mean sure they die sooner than nature had intended, but think of the savings on food, water, accommodation...etc etc
I mean if you going to start something like this you may as well go the whole hog....

Link said...

You can't just go feeding people to lions to save money on food. At least not unless you're sure they chose the wrong religion ...

Lee said...

spoilsport....

Lee said...

Oh and when you look back at this post and see 6 whole comments you are going to get wayyyyyy to excited....

Link said...

6? I make it 7 (well, now I do)

Lee said...

The earth will move if you get to 10.

Sherryll said...

ha ha, I got a bit excited for you, I thought you had 8 new blogging friends, then I just saw it was yourself and Lee...

sorry, I'm not with you :(

p.s. will the earth really move if you get 10 comments ???

Dead Letter Boy said...

How bizarre.

I don't know anyone in Chico, CA (as I live in Michigan) but its interesting to know that theres at least three of us out there (my father shares our moniker).

Lee said...

OMG OMG Did the earth move??????


Well?

Anonymous said...

Well I was a bit excited too all those comments... but it is kinda nice having blog conversations like this isn't it. As to your entry hmmmmm well it's original.